Old 05-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #2391
gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA9092 View Post
I agree, the 2.0 should be incorporated into the industry, but they should've made it more visually distinguishable to the 3.0 - maybe delete all the black trim around the front lip, side skirts and rear diffuser? Also, it should've been called something else - Celica?

Lastly, personal opinion - a true Supra is an inline-6 turbo. Adding a 4-pot in a Supra seems way more contradictory to its heritage than having a partnership with BMW.

If I were to upgrade from my FI manual BRZ, it would definitely be the 3.0.
so from the interview Tada said this didn't happen (2.0 being spin off as its own model) because of timing. i think it has more to do with cost. much cheaper and faster to just drop in a 2.0 and slap on a Supra badge vs giving the 2.0 different head & taillights, front & rear bumpers, and designing a new Celica badge.

yeah a lot of people feel the same way. one guy even used Tada's own words against him about how a Supra "must have an I6". so does that mean the 2.0 'Supra' isnt a real Supra?

before people start jumping on my back, im not anti 2.0. but maybe the execution could have gone a little better. now playing devil's advocate, i do understand that cost, market condition, and board members do make things a littler harder to achieve.
gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gymratter For This Useful Post:
BA9092 (05-11-2020)