Old 10-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #262
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
My personal experience with Apple is limited to iPads. I have an original iPad Mini that, while not a brick, is pretty much unusable because Apple stopped providing OS updates for it before the Mini-1 was 4 years old.

Also support Macs as part of my job, since the days of the original Mac. I agree they provide about the same length of support for their computers as other manufacturers. Support for computers though, which are expected to have a short turnover, is different than support for a vehicle that should last a million miles, per Musk.

I was really just curious if anyone knew if Tesla has ever stated "software updates forever" or any other statement about legacy support. For example, do they still provide updates for the Sportster (assuming it received OTA updates)? I did a little searching and couldn't find an "update history" for any of the cars. It's a question I would want answered for any manufacturer providing OTA updates to my vehicle, and one I will eventually ask if/when I buy one.
That's a fair point, I certainly remember plenty of old Windows machines that eventually the updates would make it too demanding for the hardware.. everybody wants to be a subscription provider..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-23-2020)