Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
What Tesla should do is give owners the option of completely disconnecting from Teslas OTA updates and their server for security/hacker reasons. At such time, the car can no longer receive OTA updates, so if the owner wishes to reinstate those features then they will need to go to Tesla to first get a virus scan and then receive the update.

Similarly, Tesla should issue some type of formal recall on Autopilot technology. Because they have the means of updating this technology remotely, any refusal by the owner will be an acknowledgement of a forfeit of right to pursue litigation for a faulty system/part in the case of an accident, and any charges brought to the driver could possibly be seen as a willful act of negligence.
Yea, I agree with both of those, that would be an acceptable compromise for me, even if I had to pay to "catch up" at some later point.

With Autopilot, it probably should be a safety recall, because technically it is. I should then have the option of repair or turning it off as part of the recall, with the appropriate releases, paperwork, etc.

I haven't seen anything on this, but has Tesla given any guidance on EOL for their vehicles? I would think at some point it would become fiscally overwhelming to continue to support a 20 or 40 year old car that is "software on wheels".

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (10-22-2020), Spuds (10-22-2020), Ultramaroon (12-21-2020)