View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 10:35 PM   #766
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba86 View Post
It's interesting to me that Toyota opted to push the FR-S as a bare-bones Scion for the NA market. For the rest of the world, the absolute majority of the cars (I read 10 to 1 premium vs base here in Oz) had the leather/alc, xenons, fogs, frameless rearview, keyless, dual climate etc from launch. But yeah, most reviews of the '22 default to comparing the interior of the launch FR-S with the new car. I have no major problems with the new interior (not a fan of the infotainment sticking out like a cheap fish-finder - the central air vents and the HVAC controls are a nicely done tho), but it's an incredibly similar place to sit compared to an equivalent spec GT86/86 GTS.
It's because Scion was always supposed to be the "budget" youth brand.

That being said, the only thing out of that list that I was bummed to not have on my '13 were the fog lights. Dual zone climate control in a cabin this small always seemed ridiculous to me, and I'll never really understand the fascination with Alcantra. The other stuff is neat but not worth the extra cost or weight.

Maybe it's because I came to the FRS from older, inexpensive cars, but I was (and continue to be) perfectly content with the interior materials. Fit and finish were certainly a bit lacking, but apparently that's normal for Subaru so whatever.

Anyway, it's all about that base (model).
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dake For This Useful Post:
Samba86 (08-30-2022)