Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Reviving this thread as I am getting ready to upgrade suspension. I'm having a hard time deciding between your RCE Yellows/Bilstein Combo or RCE SuperStreet-1. Budget wise, the combo would make more sense. But I'm also thinking in the long-run when I track, if having the SS-1 would be better suited for track/street uses.

Tracking is a bit far, so the car sees mostly highway and back roads. I think a 20mm drop is more than enough as I wouldn't go any further than 1 inch drop, also so that @NoHaveMSG stops making fun of my wheel gap.

Are there settings I would have to change/set with the SS-1s or does it come with a standard setup from factory. Also, do you recommend getting the shock mounts, mine are fairly new (2018) I only have 34K miles. Thanks!

Forgot to mention, I did end up getting AS-4 Michelin Tires, slightly bigger than OEM 225/45R17, I'm assuming getting either suspension wouldn't necessarily need much adjustment.
In terms of settings, we have some good guidelines for the coilovers on how to set height, alignment, damping, etc. You won't need to mess with them much once it's set. It's helpful to get an extra set of rear mounts just to make assembly easier (so you don't have to take apart your OEM stuff).

You're okay on tire fitment with either suspension.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (05-12-2022)