Thread: Mushy Brakes
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mushy Brakes

So I recently replaced my pads (winmax w2), rotors (centric premiums), and flushed the fluid (Motul 660). The brake pedal felt great after. Except 2 weeks later, my brake pedal definitely got softer.

It doesn't have the bite it did at the same pedal travel like when I first replaced them. I did the brake refresh a few months after a track day. During the track day I was using the oem pads (36k miles) and Motul 660. The brakes were really mushy after that day and they never firmed up much after. It still stopped the car fine but I had to push the pedal a lot more than normal. When I was flushing the fluid, I think the rear right caliper had a lot of air in it but it was hard to tell through the hose I was using to bleed. I was unable to bed them in properly as well so that might be an issue.

I cleaned and lubed the caliper pins, clean the caliper mounts, pad hardware, and around the caliper piston (did not use any chemicals on the piston, just wiped up the built-up dirt with a rag as best I can). Did not notice any leaking from the piston when I was retracting them.

Possibly I have a leak somewhere like the lines or the piston seals. The fluid level in my reservoir is still solid at the full line however. I'm going to bleed the brakes again this weekend and check over my brake system to see any damage, leaking, or uneven pad wear.

What are your guys take on this?
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote