View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 07:11 AM   #22
sygfrid
FT8Syg

Drives: `12 FRS & `17 BRZ Inazuma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
One option is to make a sort of heat shield using something like Design Engineering Form-A-Shield.

Unlike heat wraps, it still allows the pipes to "breathe" and not trap any oil, grease, or liquids that can damage the pipes while managing engine bay heat. Moreover, you can use the excess sheet to wrap the other pipes like front & mid pipes that contribute to cabin heat and event the muffler/resonator that traps the heat even more. Wrapping these pipes also absorb the pipe's natural vibrations therefore affecting the tone of exhaust. On my 2019 TRD SE exhaust for example, it muffled the mid & high notes leaving behind a bassy hum & also reduced cabin noise.

I've tried using high-temp spray ceramic coating for headers before I installed the FT86 UEL & even coated it several times. However, the heat was still significant.
Modding for daily fun & efficiency: Gruppe-S UEL, HKS dual res. FP, STi Per. Muffler, Delicious T. Ecutek tune, Crawford BPB, Grimmspeed CAI, STi Flex T. Bar, TRD Door Stabilizer, DSS aluminum propeller shaft, Verus diffuser & underbody covers, Verus LCA, Perrin bushings, Bilstein B6+RCE Yellows, Michelin PS4S + 18" WedsSport TC105X-summer, Michelin Alpin PA4 +18" Motegi MR140-winter

Last edited by sygfrid; 01-14-2021 at 07:25 AM.
sygfrid is offline   Reply With Quote