View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #9
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
I challenge all of you to post UOA of Eneos vs Mobil 1 and impress me with your vast oil experience.

Just don't run some SA rated/conventional bullshit and you'll be fine OP. If you live in a really hot area and flog your car up some canyon roads, run 5W-30, otherwise what you need is what the manual tells you to run.
No one is saying that M1 is as good as Eneos, what we are saying is that the M1 is likely fine for his driving conditions and there is little need to spend more money for no noticeable improvement for his OCI.

In the past, my father and I have taken multiple cars to 200k with dyno oil rated for the engine and Fram orange filters. It's pretty simple stuff and many over do it.

NA engines are more forgiving. If it was turbo charged maybe you make sure you get a better oil because of the heat. But I know a few WRX owners who just put in the cheapest stuff rated for the engine and its worked out for them. Just gotta watch your OCIs. I am sticking with Subaru stuff because Amazon has it, so it's easy.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ernest72 For This Useful Post:
RB-BRZ (10-24-2016)