FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omadab View Post
Hello people,
I am looking to buy a 2015 BRZ with no features on it. I really want this car because the color, mileage and price are perfect. Here is a picture of the interior:
https://tdrpmimages.azureedge.net/ph...e.jpg-1024x786
The problem is I really wanted climate control, heated seats and push to start. The heated seats I know I can DIY myself ez pz
However the climate control and push to start is a different story. So, does anyone know if these projects are relatively simple, or is it way too much work?

Thanks
oma
Quote:
Originally Posted by omadab View Post
Where did you read this? on the forum? Heated seats are the most important thing to me lol. I can do without all except the seats haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i was told in '14 that adding seat heaters aftermarket can potentially mess with the passenger airbag sensor switch, that is located in the seat pad.

the climate control involves gutting the entire dash to install the full suite of motors and wiring.

you're much better off looking for another car.

Soundman is right, the passenger airbag detection is a circuit that involves detecting the resistance of whatever or whoever is in the seat, that's why if the seat gets moist it sets it off as it calculates the seat weight from the resistance. This also means EMF from certain tablets or phones can trigger it as well, my oneplus 5 used to trigger it with it's aluminum body and my 6t does with NFC on sometimes. Adding an aftermarket seat heater element will most definitely interfere with it.

Climate control is also quite complex you'd need the Climate Control Unit
Temp Sensors, Different piping assembly, Front Button/Dash Assembly
,Appropriate Wiring harnesses and the cost goes well past $2k just to get it to work in automated fashion.

If you had done your research, you would've realized you should honestly should just save up for a higher trim BR-Z
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote