View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 01:44 PM   #19
foshjowler

Drives: 2022 BRZ; 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I wrote up a comparison of 1st gen 2013 frs to a 2018 camaro ss 1le a while ago. I imagine my opinion wouldn't change much if I drove the new models.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135226
That was my experience with my Camaro vs my 22 BRZ, except mine didn't have the sound since it was the 2.0T. My purposes when buying it were autox and sitting in traffic, so I went with the lightest Camaro. The 22 BRZ has closed the gap in performance from the first gen, but comparing it to the SS 1LE just isn't fair. The Camaro is clinical in what it does, but falls short of the twins in engagement. The speed you can carry in the Camaro over bumps is tremendous, but it only shines when you're at 10/10ths, which for 90% of driving isn't possible.

I've been finding myself caring less about outright pace and more about the engagement of the car, and I'd have a hard time finding a new car that beats the new twins. I already have an NA Miata, so the ND was off the table because then my most practical vehicle would be a Miata. Camaros and BRZs are impractical enough already.

Autox Videos
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foshjowler For This Useful Post:
Spuds (06-09-2022)