View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #11
sesmls

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited, 05 Baja Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thank you for the precautions. I own a home health agency, so I really appreciate it when people understand what's necessary to protect others during this pandemic. Too many of my workers have gotten sick and too many elderly people I know have died.

OK, back to topic: Yesterday, in preparation for my trip to the dealer, I decided to do a deep clean of the interior, and disconnected the battery before unbolting the seat.

This morning as I was on my way to the dealership, I noticed the problem had miraculously (well maybe not so miraculously) corrected itself. Turns out all I ever needed to do was disconnect the battery, thus resetting the ECU...On the way into work (and the dealership) this morning, my fuel economy in combined freeway/street driving was 32.5 mpg. I haven't seen that number in nearly a year -- was lucky if I got 23 mpg on full freeway driving before yesterday's battery disconnect!

Boy, I've wasted a lot of money on gasoline this past year. I guess that's the only good thing about this lockdown -- I haven't been doing nearly as much driving.
sesmls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sesmls For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (08-24-2020), JesseG (08-24-2020)