View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 12:39 AM   #4
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73TORANA! View Post
Hi Wayne, trying to get me head around this. Currently using your V164 as you suggested else where and it seems to be working for me. Just before it shifts into 4th under mild throttle it seems like the TQ converter or clutches are starting to lock? causing the engine to remain at a constant rpm while car speed increases, giving the impression of slip. Is this what you were trying to eliminate in in previous Rom with the line pressure. 1st 2nd and 3rd feel ok but its just this slip? im concerned about. Cant remember if stock was like this as had quite exhaust then. Any suggestion please.
Cheers.
I've not experienced anything like that. If concerned just grab the latest version that has dbw maps which are identical to stock over 2k rpm. I supply another file on the site with my personal dbw maps which are the same as latest version increased 20%, practically the same as the ones in this thread. No matter how much I minimised the tweaks in the middle of the maps they couldn't compete with the oem calibration.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote