new2subaru
Weight Weenie

Drives: 15 FR-S
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,348 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I will know better when I attend the summons meeting in Feb and see.the cop's evidence. I'm hoping they drop it considering whether they get a conviction or not, I have already received considerable punishment. The sad part is the conversation with the cop started out with him saying he could charge me with stunt driving if he "wanted" to, meaning he wasn't necessarily decided to do so at that point. This guy had a real high opinion of himself, I could just tell when he made a point of saying he was a "staff" sergeant. At this point I might have to take a hard hit and lawyer up if it looks like they want to punish me further. I didn't deliberately break traction, I just drove in a way that resulted in it for a second. I was heavy on the gas, but that's not the same thing as going out with the intent to burn rubber. Conditions, temperature etc. played a role. I wouldn't say this in court but the 13.5C temps, first cool day of the season probably resulted in my forced induction system producing more power than usual. This is a car that is never driven in the cold and rarely driven in cooler weather. I didn't know the exact temp at the time but my car is definitely quicker in colder temps.

Are you on summer tires? At 13.5C you likely hit the dew point. It's not visible on asphalt unless you have near perfect lighting. I do this all the time in my FWD while accelerating. The tires are garbage.