Old 04-22-2022, 11:26 AM   #18
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
What i dont get about the whole EV vs ICE situation and the so-called death of the ICE, is that...Theres barely any cars available and whatever is on the lots are gone right away....

How the heck are we supposed to have this mass transition towards EV when
1.) we dont have EV cars to transition to
2.) we dont have ICE cars to transition from

and wait lists for both are incredibly long right now (EV's are like 1 year out....your typical ICE is a few months out...and something like the Land Cruiser 300 series that was just released has like a 4 year wait time......)

And we're supposed to meet all these government mandated timelines of like 2030 for full EV transition and no more ICE sales?

These idiots in charge NEVER seem to take into account ANY logistical and manufacturing setback, the current supply chain issues, any potential setbacks in other related sectors (ie slow rollout of EV infrastructure) or even the fact that a giant chunk of the population isnt going to just drop their cars for an EV just to have an EV (they'll most likely drive whatever they have until they need to get something new)
I spend a lot of time thinking about this because 1. I do believe that progressing toward widespread EV adoption is critical to our survival, but 2. I would probably wither away and die without fun ICE vehicles in my world.

I am confident we will never lose any of the history or heritage of ICE vehicles. At least the good stuff. I think appreciation will only grow with time. The day will come though when buying an ICE vehicle as an A to B appliance no longer makes financial sense, even for poorer folks. Will enthusiast ICE cars still be made then? I feel there is no EV substitute, so I hope so. The big question is how we will be able to continue to enjoy the ones that already exist when that day comes? It will be here sooner than we all think.

My hope is that we'll get some sort of regulatory niche to live in that's not too pricy. As we all know, we're so small in number we wouldn't make much of an impact on pollution or carbon so c'mon.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (04-22-2022)