View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 11:06 PM   #15
Pizzachicken

Drives: Asphalt '16 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry to revive but this is the only thread accurate to what I'm looking for and haven't yet found an answer. Most build logs on here seem to be doing something like drop in 4in speakers into the factory mid location, and not seeing much on 2 way components.

I was wondering if there's a general consensus/suggestion for those with a 2 way components, whether to mount the tweeter in the mid vs the stock tweeter location. I currently have mine wedged into the basket of the mid location thinking the slight bit of vertical distance would bounce waves less off the windshield, but I've also read the tweeter location was originally engineered from factory to utilize the windshield..

Currently, I get a bit of fatigue being hyper aware of the distances between the tweeters, like i'm hearing them separately from the left and right. Leaning ever so slightly towards the center of the car seems to blend it all together. Tried eq and balance, no time alignment, but after a while my ear calibration gets jumbled and needs a reset. Thinking maybe using the stock locations, moving both tweeters a bit closer to each other would yield a more centered sound, if it works like that?

So leaving it up to the experts to sway me, any opinion on what is better, or if it makes much a difference at all?

Last edited by Pizzachicken; 01-13-2020 at 11:19 PM.
Pizzachicken is offline   Reply With Quote