View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #32
WillieRX
Mountain Road Recon

Drives: '06 Subaru WRX TR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Howdy! I am a mountain cruising enthusiast. I have owned several performance cars:
1) 1996 Chevy Camaro Z-28 (Sold)
2) 1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Sold)
3) 1991 Chevy Camaro Z-28 (Sold)
4) 1994 Chevy Corvette (Sold)
5) 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR (Current)

I must say, out of that list, the WRX has impressed me the most and I want to keep that car forever. It offers a great balance between power, handling and utility.

Right now, the WRX is Stage 1, soon to be Stage 2. Over the next few years, I am planning to build it up with a modest 400 - 430 HP (similar torque) at the crank, of course I am investing in transmission, suspension and brakes as well. I am looking to maintain a great balance between power and handling.

Initially, the BRZ didn't interest me, mainly due to looks, low(er) power and lack of AWD. However, it has grown on me over the past few months, and I may want to get one to replace my old 1993 F250 Diesel Truck (runs on veggie oil too). I know, quite a difference, but I really don't utilize the truck to its full extent.

I may wait longer to watch the development of the STi version(or performance equivalent) before I actually purchase one. Up here where the mountain roads I drive on are around 8,000+ feet in altitude, that 200 HP / 151 ft-lbs NA engine will bog down so much (probably at least 25% power loss).

Anyways, joined to see how the car progresses and meet other enthusiast about cars in general. See yall around.
WillieRX is offline   Reply With Quote