View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #13
deuncos

Drives: AT Hot lava FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatharPallan View Post
Here is my mini review in regards to the install of the JDL headers and 3 inch resonated FP/OP. I do have this paired with a Perrin 3 inch resonated CBE. I hope it helps. The only thing i will add is that you will still get very light tapping when making a hard left turn.

"Review "installation" - After leaving the shop we noticed that the OP was hitting the sub frame. After doing some adjustments we were unable to resolve the issue. I drove the car through the weekend until Monday when I began an email chain with Ronnie @ JDL. After providing a few Pictures and adjusting what i could from the engine bay ( I didn't have a way to lift the car) i set up a day to go back to my installer. Using the tips from JDL we were able to resolve the issue. The V-Band from the OP/FP was hitting the sub frame. To resolve the issue we hand tightened the bolts on the OP/Header and the V band. We then pushed the OP upwards and tightened up the bolts to finish the install. This gave the V band about 1/2 inch from the sub frame to resolve the issue.

Support - After a few emails JDL picked up the phone and gave me a call. We went over the install process and pictures which they then used to provide the install tip to resolve the issue.

Over all i am fully satisfied with the Quality of parts and Support from JDL. The car sounds amazing. No rasp or drone at any rpm. If you are cruising at any speed the car is fairly quiet however the car will get loud if you accelerate but it's never to the point where it is uncomfortable. I was able to have a conversation with a really soft spoken 11 year old girl while driving around town. Video Plox? All i have to make a video is my camera phone so it may not be the best quality. I am upgrading to the Note 5 so maybe i can try with that. Now i have the problem of the car sounding awesome but still being slow cause i'm still NA."
Appreciate the info TatharPallan! So do you think that the if I ran the 2.5" overpipe/front pipe I wouldn't run into any fitment issues? I was hoping that the fitment issues with the 3" downpipe (overpipe/frontpipe) only plagued Nameless but after reading your review it seems running 2.5" may be a better choice instead of worrying about clearance... but really glad to hear JDL was quick to respond and helped resolve your issue, makes it much more reassuring when I order my parts from them! Any video is better than no video, as long as I can hear that glorious JDL exhaust note
deuncos is offline   Reply With Quote