Old 05-10-2022, 01:25 PM   #95
Krokodil

Drives: Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_Invention View Post
Hi Krokodil,

949racing did the swap when I brought the car to them for test fitting, I elected to keep it on once they confirmed it fit. So full disclosure - I didn't do the swap myself.

That being said; it looks no different than the S3 or NC miata in principal.

Get a small philips screw driver and locate the three holes BEHIND the steering wheel. Engage the retainer clip and use your other hand to guide the airbag out. With my S3, no matter how hard I engage the clip, the airbag wouldn't pop out the way folks made it look in the video. I struggled for an hour! Turns out, I just had to pry the edge with my finger tips (grime had created a seal preventing it from 'popping' out) and it came right off. SOooo much aggravation.

Here's a good video that shows the three holes:

It doesn't look you need to open the viewing holes - again, you're looking for the three small holes behind the wheel (good idea to turn the wheel 90 degree or even 180 - i.e. upside down, to get better access to them).
Thanks.
This video is helpful.
There are no three holes on 2nd gen steering.
Properly located 3 holes would be convenient.
However 2 rectangular access windows is all you get on 2nd gen.
And this exact video is showing how painful it is to push all 3 springs through 2 windows even when airbag is already removed and you can clearly see what you are doing.
Krokodil is offline   Reply With Quote