View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 07:10 PM   #18674
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Did you get it from ftspeed, or from Japan yourself? How did you wire them up?

I got them from ftspeed.
As you might know comes with everything you need plus additional parts/wires for the Japanese cars.

Used the main harness (right) which the drls attach.
The connected does not have a place on the us cars so I just add my wiring and fed it through the driver side by cutting the tip of the nipple on the firewall (which is placed for aftermarket installs)

Then I finished the engine bay install hiding everything below the front panel (from behind the air filter to the coolant reservoir)

In the cabin I used the switch that came with the kit. Drilled the hole on a replacement panel that I got from the dealer.

The switch has red, red/black (switch), and black(ground) wires.

I connected the red coming from the engine bay to the red of the switch, combined the grounds from EB and switch and wired to a suitable place. Finally, for the red/black wire I used a fuse tab (10A) and replaced it for the DRL in the cabin fuse box.

They turn on with the DRL in the headlights and turn off when you stop the car. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Since you have the switch you can also turn off whenever you want.

I am not an expert and this was the best way that I could figure out from my search.

Hope it helps!

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busybee For This Useful Post:
dragoontwo (09-14-2020), Tcoat (09-23-2020), wolffbite (09-15-2020)