View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #1253
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
When this happened to me after my second spun bearing, as soon as I got the car back I drove it to the moon. If there will be a failure, procure it as early as possible - babying it at this point will only bring fear and sorrow. Drive it hard so you can trust it; that therapy fixed my fear after this ordeal. You won't get over it until you do this. Red line 1st through 3rd, drive it hard,and be cleansed.
I'm going to drive mine hard right up to about 10k since it has a 12k additional warranty. So far so good other than what seems to me to be a rattly sound for 2 seconds or less when it's warm started. In fact I feel like it's running smoother and pulling stronger than it did for the last 20k or so before the work was done but that could be the new plugs and a few other little things that were changed while the motor was out. I did have them drop the oil pan and clean the pickup which needed to be done about 1k after the work was initially done so they changed the oil again at that time too. I think I'm about 3k since the initial work was done.