View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #12
Kapla

Drives: :D
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey everyone,

My name is Nic, aka Kapla, and I was previously a part of the 2019 NorCal 86 Board. I'm in the Milpitas/San Jose area and have been helping out with hosting the Southbay Biweekly meet and greets!

I first got into the FRS/BRZ/86 back in 2016 when I saw a FRS on the freeway. I never saw one prior to that and instantly told myself 'I need to get one', and ended up getting a 2016 Subaru BRZ. I had done a few mods to it but mainly cosmetic. I really wanted to learn how to drive the car and how to work on it. I was initially introduced to the NorCal 86 community after going to a few of the Southbay meets. I met some amazing people who welcomed me with open arms and I learned a lot about my car. As time went on, newer faces started showing up to meets and I wanted to take the role of welcoming new and old faces, answer their questions about the platform to the best of my ability, and to enjoy each other's time and company.

The 2016 Subaru BRZ as well as my 2018 Subaru BRZ tS I unfortunately no longer have. Despite no longer owning a twin, I still absolutely love this community and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the board and absolutely want to be a part of it again! I had a great time helping out with events, like being a grill master at Summer Kickoff, and hosting Southbay Biweekly meets!

If reelected, I hope to not only continue assisting with current meets and events, but to plan other events as well for those that have a bit more free time on the weekends. Others have expressed their interest in drives and coffee meet ups and I'd love to make that happen! I will represent NorCal 86 in a very positive light and keep the love for this platform alive and strong

Thank you for your time! I hope to see you all at an event or meet soon!

Good luck to the other board member candidates!

- Nic