View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #127
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I'm sorry, if you want to carry this type of thinking moving forward, you're just going about this wrong.

How in the world is a tint shop going to water damage the ECU? HOW? I drove through a massive hailstorm/thunderstorm in Texas on April 29th after a day at the track and nothing was damaged, not even the paint.

You don't know what caused the problem, the dealers can't give you a straight answer, you reviewed footage at the tint shop, and suddenly now you "firmly believe it's likely the tint shop caused the ECU to fail" after the dealer can't fix your problem because of a bad/bricked ECU?

Yeah, good luck figuring it out. And before you get a lawyer you might want to start getting your facts and your story straight.

-alex

Edit: what is your proof for the ECU being damaged? Did you take it apart? Did you check fuses for ECU? Was there any visible evidence of water damage? Did you document this?
Alright Alex, throwing stones from a glass house is fine but from the high perch you sit upon while you still have a vehicle to drive tell me what your all omniscient and omnipotent self would do in my situation based on where I am currently at? I'll tell you what though, you can do me a big favor, where and how can I look and access the ECU in the car?