Old 09-22-2022, 03:22 PM   #4681
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPhilly View Post
Interesting... I am assuming the port injectors the visible ones on the side of the motor?

Zach is narrowing it down to the MAF sensor, injectors or fuel pump. All of these components are still stock. It maybe related to my installation but not really sure.

My car is weird. On cold starts I have no issues at all. Its not until the car is warm and driven later on in the day when the studdering starts happening. Its a single jerk happening randomly (frequently) when on throttle. It fixes itself when the car sits for a few days and comes back when I drive it frequently. But it still throws the P0171 System Too Lean Bank 1 code...

My car has about 22k miles on it, which I would assume should have no issues since it being newer.

Yup those are the port injectors. With such little mileage on your car injectors should be fine. I had 180k on mine before I changed both port and direct injectors. Same goes for your MAF sensor and Fuel pump. Those components should be fine. You don't touch the fuel pump when installing the kit but you do relocate the MAF Senor. You can clean your MAF Sensor with MAF cleaner if you think it's dirty it's a cheap and easy fix.

I would check for vacuum leaks. Go around to each line and re tighten them and worm clamp them if they already aren't. I had the same symptoms. Where during the morning when it was cooler the car ran great, but later on when temperatures increased it ran terrible. I figured it was a vacuum line that shrunk with lower temps and expanded with hotter temps, since all the vacuum lines are rubber.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote