Old 10-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #15
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toekneehair View Post
I get that your new but woode is right you will get a lot of slack if you just start new threads when there is clearly a lot of threads already out there. if we keep restarting threads asking the same questions it makes it harder down the road to search the topics. that being said. Raven1231 Is likely feeding you information that is not necessarily correct. 7 psi seems to be the starting point for most people. I don't even think I have heard of anyone running less then 6psi. I am running 7 on my low map and 13 on my top map. making an extra 200 plus HP. some people are going higher then that but from what I see most people seem to stop between 12-15 psi on stock internals just to be safe. the key is a good tune. don't buy the kit and run the map they supply off the shelf at least not for a long time.. that map will allow you to drive it for a little while and get it down to a shop but it is definately not intended to be a high HP gaining map. just a safe one. just scroll through the forced induction part of the forums and you will find a wealth of knowledge on the topics. If you haven't done anything like this before I suggest going to a good shop (which can be found on here as well) and getting guidance, help and a good tuning. I wish you the best. good luck.
First off I was being an ass. Second, one cannot really know what psi will be "safe" there are too many other variables to consider, especially the tune. Third, even though my answer was sarcastic, I would have to argue that running 5 psi and saying it's safe, likely isn't an incorrect answer.

With that said Good Luck OP! I definitely wouldn't go over what greddy suggests on the base kit which as mentioned above is around 7psi.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote