View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 10:12 PM   #13
mazeroni

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Eh. I don't know what the driver of the Jeep's could see, but I'm assuming that the headlights of the car behind them obscured vision from the side mirror.

Also the FR-S left the front end in the middle of the road so the DRLs might not even have been on the car anymore. Then look at the severity of the impact. The FR-S had to be carrying a lot of speed. It also appears to go under the Jeeps and toss it. Wrap that all with the Asphalt color and nobody could see it coming.

Maybe it was a bad decision on the Jeep's part, but if I'm the Jeep driver I'm thinking that I have a big vehicle and maybe I can get some sense into someone who might be panicking.

A normal person doesn't anticipate stuff like this because it never happens. Who flees an accident then speeds at night without headlights in the emergency lane? You just assume the other person WILL see your brake lights and slow or stop.

Oh well, the FR-S did pretty okay considering they hit two people. Credit the low mounting position of the engine and high bumper of these trucks. If the FR-S had been going slower, I bet it would have survived the Jeep strike.

That's the lesson here, folks.
mazeroni is offline   Reply With Quote