Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankenstein View Post
I'll be bumping it soon enough.

The rear suspension is not a normal type... so I've been testing alot of variants. It looks like "Double Wishbone + upper toe link + S link" should get the job done (although it's not really true here). The last few setups I've modeled have been "trailing arm + 2 links" or "H arm + upper link". I'm really a fan of H arms, since they kill toe movement, but otherwise allow for a smooth camber curve. Alas, Subaru didn't ask for my help.

In other news, my Hot Lava Auto FR-S has been ordered and will arrive somewhere between 2 weeks to 2 months from now. Getting plenty of access to a car for measuring the geometry coordinates will be much easier. Looks like I'll be spending alot of time with the calipers in the next few months (between this and the aero thread).
The measuring bit looks like a headache. This link was from a site Dave linked to for shocks.

http://farnorthracing.com/modeling.html

Do you have any of your own tips you can share?

Where he talks about telescoping rods attached to height gauges, I was thinking of a laser pointer instead (make sure it's parallel to the base and record the height above the surface, the set and zero your gauge accordingly).

Thoughts?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote