Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFB View Post
The amount of normal speed tax's being collected from normal civilians has decreased, even though average normal traffic speed has increased. Seems it's not worth breaking the 2 meter rule when not being issued masks etc. for that . Worth the brownie points for a big traffic bust though.
The numbers of cops off duty due to covid is secret, last figures released in Toronto at the beginning was 500 , and a 20 % figure was also tossed around until full censorship prevented any further info. (panic, encouraging crime etc.).

Radical speeding is only slightly up, just more drivers getting nailed. An example has to be set with severe consequences when manpower is down.
The J.P. 's have been told to be severe in court. Already talk in Gov. to increase fines jail etc.

Those "stunters" are only getting caught because the empty roads have no camouflage traffic to hide from the normal lidar, radar, etc., speed traps.
A quick pull to 180 MPH and back on an open road can be read before the "stunter" can spot a potential trap too far away to see.
Our cars are being watched more closely. I now get the hairy eyeball from cops like never before, following me a while, doing a CPIC check for fines and warrants, but not stopping my obvious "race" car.

Turdo should allow the tracks to open for tracking only, limit the number of spots, distancing a non issue, otherwise, those drivers with poor judgement and frustration will hurt us all .
FTG !
No idea where you're getting your numbers from on cops being inactive, but I've been all over the GTA, from Milton to Oshawa, Monday to Friday, 730-1600, and there is definitely no shortage of cops.

I haven't gotten any extra looks from the cops while I'm in my car though.

Guess you've run out of tin foil? Either that, or your disgruntled, slightly senile, old man is showing.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-13-2020)