View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 12:38 AM   #54
Compelica

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
if all the speakers were individually connected to the head unit, you'd be right. but they're not, which is why currently, '2-way' is the better setting.

the dash tweeter and mid each have their own passive crossovers, and the door speaker amplifier has it's own filter for the signals it needs.

considering that you do have a subwoofer, the original intent of the door speakers is somewhat useless, so it would be a good idea for a long-term goal to rewire the door speakers to the rear output of the radio-- that would allow you to use the 3-way mode the way it's designed.
I get it now. I wasn't aware that the high, bandpass and low filters are 'hardcoded' to the front, rear and sub outputs respectively. But I'm pretty sure my door speakers are playing what they should. Regardless this warrants another look - I'll do a test on the crossovers later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post

they hold up just fine. the majority of speakers installed in most cars use a paper cone with a foam surround. these have a rubber surround, so they tend to last even longer than typical car speakers.
Nice, I always thought car speakers had to be made 'more durable' or something to withstand the elements.

Getting stuff from where I'm from is difficult - the PS95-8s are at least twice the price here, but it's still considered cheap compared to other higher end stuff. You guys are fortunate
Compelica is offline   Reply With Quote