View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 04:19 PM   #756
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I plan to make some changes in the next few weeks to see if anything changes:

--I want to remove the strut tower to make sure it isn't hitting at all. I had hammered a little on the inner hood supports to makes sure there was no contact with engine movement, and I don't see rub marks, but I will eliminate that as a possibility.
--I want to remove my exhaust hanger to the transmission and see if that makes a difference. If it does then I will cut off the current hanger and switch to a rubber mount.
--I want to adjust my clutch pedal a few centimeters to see if that matters, as it seems a fraction bit lower than previous, but that could be just me moving from what car to the next.
--I want to remove the under panels because something there seems like it is hitting or making shaking noises because there is a very tinny, hollow sound on decel.
--I don't know what I could do to identify if the driveshaft is the source of some of the vibration. Most of the vibration is low speed, low load and high RPM and decel type of vibration. It seems the smoothest on the highway, which seems opposite of what most say when they complain of single piece driveshafts.

Outside of that, I will double down on looking for other sources of noise and vibration. I'm pretty sure the clearance on the transmission tunnel is fine.