View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 11:47 AM   #139
PLX92

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3k1n View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a Novice driver in the STX class. I have about 3 autox events under my belt with a handful of local HPDE events. I want to start thinking about making adjustments to my coilovers (rebound), tire pressure and sway bar settings. I know all of these things are very dependent on the driver and driving conditions but just wanted to generally understand what kind of setup folks in the STX class are running. To give you a quick and dirty breakdown, my car has the following mods:

HKS Hypermax IVGT coilovers (6kg Front 4Kg Rear)
Whiteling front and rear swaybars with adjustable endlinks (22mm front 16mm rear)
245/40/17 Bridgestone RE71R
Front Camber -2.5 degrees; Zero toe
Rear Camber -2 degrees;Zero toe

So really just wondering as far as dampening how stiff/soft do you run, sway bars hard/soft setting, tire pressure etc. Again, I know that alot of variables that go into this stuff but just wanted to get a baseline on how I should be making these adjustments. Appreciate the help guys!
Welcome! Another MA local here, as a novice driver just getting your feet wet, focus on improving as a driver. Tire pressures would be where I'd start when you're ready, and that will be tire/course/setup depended really.

Alignment could use a bit more camber up front, and a touch of toe in - in the rear.

I've spent the last 2 seasons on STX prep level really just driving the car and fussing with tire pressures. Even then, I still feel like there's more time to be found in the seat.

You can usually find me out at Devens with various clubs. I haven't actually run with NER scca in the past year or so, but will start to attend now that the weather has broken. Hope to see you out there soon!
PLX92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PLX92 For This Useful Post:
3k1n (04-29-2021), strat61caster (04-28-2021)