View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 01:40 AM   #4
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Now, Everyone who read the mods saw that I've chosen RS-R Sports-i Moto-Spec coils. Some of you might be wondering "Why RS-R?" or "Why didn't you go with xxx?" (KW, Bilstein, RCE, Ohlins & so on)

Even 86/BRZ aftermarket development was booming, there were limited coil options. Sometimes manufacturers will try to impress you with the dozens of adjustability &/or features that can be changed... but realistically speaking, is it necessary? Are you gonna use em all? Simplicity can be better than complex. RS-R I-Shock series, specially RS-R Sports-i Moto spec was designed just for our car in street use plus light autox/track.

If you're wondering how well this coils perform in autox/track, harsh road, winter/snow. Tip of advice. Daily, have your coil dampers full soft (F36/R24), it'll absorb the dips and bumps enough that, it doesn't bug you too much. Autox/track, dial it to whatever you need. I usually have it F30/R15, which comes out very nicely in autox. Winter/snow time, I keep it same as daily full soft with snow tires, it's golden! No issue of salt getting in. performing wonderfully in the snow.

Don't want to bored you guys, so I'll post some before and after photos.

Thanks to Moto-san and RS-R crew, they have setup my coils before they shipped.

Here's before (OEM)

Here's after.

Here's front before

After

Rear before

After

Would I recommend it? Answer is Yes and No. If you're like me, daily drive your FRS/BRZ and once a while autox/track, then 200% recommend this. If you're making prepping for fully race then, no. You need Sports-i CR or better coils.