wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I just installed 215 PSS on stock rims. Was considering 225's as there was a new unused set for sale privately but the seller was trying to play on my ignorance and sell for more than new from a dealer. Made a call and ended up with 215's as recommended and paid less with tax, warranty and install than resale for the new 225's uninstalled. Just tried them tonight after swapping wheels in my garage. They handle better in wet than the stock Primacys do in dry. However, I am glad I used the stock tires for 33000 kms to better learn how the car handles at lower traction limits. For most drivers the Primacys are fine. I am planning to do some track driving this year.
Everyone should learn on the primacies, they're great for being communicative and progressive. I'd suggest everyone does their first couple track days on them too to better feel out the car, but the PSS will definitely be good too.

Have you decided on any days yet? SPDA has a day in late May (23rd) on the CTMP DDT that is perfect for people getting their feet wet (with on site coaching for all beginners and anyone else that wants some tips).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
Tread width on 215 OEM primacy's is 705" at 401. lbs

Tread width on 215 MPSS is 7.7" at 38.8 lbs.

Tread width on 225 MPSS is 8.2" at 39.8 lbs.

Either MPSS is a gain in both width, and weight reduction.
What are those weights based on? Including the wheel? Which wheel? A 215/45/17 MPSS is 21lbs and a stock Primacy is 21lbs (both according to tire rack).