Old 07-13-2017, 12:57 AM   #10
Jakinit

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Limited (MT)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKeazy! View Post
Like he said no dvd, had radio or Sirius. It does have have airplay mirroring. I had to buy an antenna adapter, camera retention with 12v to 6v for the oem camera and USB retention everything else plugged right in. Now I'm trying to bypass the oem amp so I can full control of all the speakers. I'm still amazed about the built in steering wheel control. I programmed one of my buttons to command Siri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What camera retention and USB retention did you get? I did a quick install today to see where I'm at and my camera doesn't work. Current thoughts noted below:

1. Steering wheel controls: I went into the setup and it let me set up vol up/down and skip/back. It doesn't seem to register the play, answer or hangup buttons. Did you run into this?

2. Backup camera not currently working. Didn't test it with the engine off, but you mention the steering wheel controls are also the camera?

3. Mic: are you using the included mic? I might try and splice the stock one unless you found an adapter.

4. Need both antenna and USB adapter. Gonna order that now.

5. I need to find where to connect the reverse light. I just grounded the parking break to bypass that but I need to research this one. I only have it a couple hours today.
Jakinit is offline   Reply With Quote