CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
"Range" can mean so many things.

I wasn't really asking if the car was light for its power. I can look at the specs. I guess I am curious as to whether the car is a track/driver's/handling car first that has more power and luxuries than an 86, or is the Supra just a lighter and more premium Mustang/Camaro alternative?

If it is the latter, and it is best used as a high horsepower highway queen like the MKIV, then I'm sure some buyers might opt for a cheaper muscle car. Add a turbo or SC to a base American muscle car, and they will go. Add enough power and supporting mods to a Camaro, and someone has ZL1 1LE type of performance on the track, which may be more brutal power than finesse, but this may also be the case for the Supra. Take the listed Nurburgring times: the A90 Supra says 7:52 and a HCTR says 7:43. Obviously the Supra has more potential, but was it at the expense of finesse--not just weight?

Is the Supra just a highway queen or is it a capable track car? Nurburgring times says the Supra is just a re-skinned BMW M2 Competition. Is it a re-skinned sports sedan, a muscle car or is it a sports car?
It becomes difficult to cool cars once you cross a power threshold; try tracking that domestic with more power.

The transmissions will always be a hard limit.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
WolfpackS2k (07-26-2021)