Old 08-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #60153
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Oh, trust me, I know. One of my upgrades was right around when HD was first coming out. I really wanted an HD tv, but they were so expensive. I ended up losing to temptation and bought a freaking Westinghouse. It was a 40 inch, HD tv, but not 720p or 1080i/p, just HD, and it cost $900. A few months later, basic 720p models were maybe $600.

That being said, OLED is kinda the latest technology, but getting to the cheap stage. It's a middleground and there's not much more waiting to be done. I either buy one now or wait and end up lusting after whatever replaces it. It's a tough call. I've already been waiting years.
it's pretty cheap if you stay under 60" but once you hit 60" the price jumps or if you just go with this:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

you're still getting a great picture at a great price. I have a Vizio that I also use as my PC monitor and it's great. I probably won't buy another tv until this dies or I retire.

at some point the tech will get so cheap and what's available now will be light years better anyways. but what's the point? you could probably get that tv you bought now for free if you'd just haul it out of someone's house for them.

you've just got to pick a point where you think the value and cost meet at the optimum points. otherwise the paradox of choice will consume you. :p
The Following User Says Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-30-2019)