strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,480 Times in 4,999 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
they are helpful if you consider the whole reason for buying a WRX over the base impreza. Is that not helpful to save the guy the headache of buying a "sports sedan" that is terribly outclassed by the immediate early and later revisions? The WRX 5mts BREAK all the time, even at stock power levels. It's a consequence of their design- How do I know? I've rebuilt one, and installed 3 5mts, two of them in my own wrx, within 6 years. My current 5mt is the RA cryo gearset with straight cut 1-3, and even then, I am nervous.

Just think a little more on calling out whether or not something is helpful, because one should always take into consideration the holistic picture of the system, not just select features that are "attractive" to their lifestyle and life trajectory.
Then the family grows +2 more and they should have bought a Sienna.

Then the kids love camping, the Rogue becomes a better option with the ground clearance and storage.

It's great that you want to feel important and knowledgeable, that's why half us fuckwads are here, BUT the OP has some fundamental questions about his intentions before seriously considering the details you think are the deciding factor between a mini-van and a car that can go 0-60 in 4.4 seconds.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Marco_86 (03-01-2015), Tcoat (02-27-2015)