View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 12:54 AM   #21
squelchy451

Drives: Pending
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
German cars can achieve like 7+ degrees caster with the front wheel alignment you'll find it hard press to achieve that with a Japanese car.

If you are thinking of a highway cruiser with refined NVH I'm afraid you are looking at the wrong type of cars. Better stick with VW/Audi.

That being said I actually got rid of my MkV Golf GTI for the BRZ and no regrets. The agile and lively handling alone is night and day but then again they are not the same type of cars, GTI is a hot hatch made fast from a normal Golf, whereas BRZ is a purposely built sports car platform.

I think I am more sensitive to how the EPS is tuned. I just want it to be as heavy as it can be on center. The Mazda 3 i had previously was running 6.5 degrees of caster up front, GTI is not much more than that, with around 7 degrees.

On one hand it is true that the GTI is not a sports car, just a tuned Golf hatchback, but its main appeal is that the handling is good enough where making it a better driver's car makes it harder to daily/on the wallet.

If the next couple years shows that the GTI is a reliable specimen, i'll just throw in HPA SHS coilovers to make it a comfortable daily and try to pick up a 2017+ BRZ.
squelchy451 is offline   Reply With Quote