Old 01-11-2022, 03:29 PM   #41
JRitt

Drives: 2012 BRZ Premium WRB 6MT
Thanked 1,411 Times in 376 Posts
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
That's amazing, thanks a lot for you contributions to the community!

Any plans to make a more daily-friendly but still track-capable kit?
I haven't tried your calipers yet, but I asked a few folks who run your CP8350/325 kit complained that it gets very loud when street driving.

Thanks!

I'll second what OG Pat said about noise above (I'm calling him 'OG' since he is Original Gangsta FT86, and has been running our kit a long time...thank you Pat!).

Our kits aren't inherently any noisier than stock brakes. Noise comes down to the pads in almost all cases. Sometimes it's the pad material itself (very typical of track compounds that have a high metal content), and other times it's just that the pads and discs aren't bedded-in properly. Once the pad transfer layer is worn off the discs when the brakes are driven around cold, they can then squeal a bit particularly if aggressive pads are loaded in. Then the bedding process needs to be repeated.

As Pat noted, Hawk HPS is a mild street compound that exhibits almost no noise in most cases. Another good one is Ferodo DS2500. There are a million pad compounds for our kits from all the major pad suppliers, since we use commonly available pad shapes. You can get anything from ultra-mild cruiser pads to endurance racing pads.

All the above applies to all of our kits.
JRitt is offline   Reply With Quote