DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Because a lightweight crank pulley is a difference you can actually feel. Just like a lightweight clutch is something that you can actually easily tell the difference.

I agree with you that if there ever is damage it would be almost impossible to tell where it came from. That is my problem with the advertising scheme of fluidampr. They throw up a wall of data without ever stating they have proven any of it has ever caused any actual damage.

If they have tested and found actual damage done to a car because of vibration, they haven't given any proof of that. Meanwhile Subaru states their boxer engines are internally balanced and need no actual harmonic damper.
Lies are the best value adders in most industries. Bring something up as a potential issue and say that you've addressed it. Instant street cred!

Really though, I hate to be a cynic, but I agree with this. Whether smooth is better, or if the harshness does/does not cause issues is the real question. DOES it make things smoother? yes. Is that better for the engine's reliability? Who the hell knows. But it's smoother.

It's like grain-free pet food. Pets have been eating grain filled dry food for ages and generally are just as well off. But GRAIN FREE somehow is suddenly great, and having grain in the food is worse. Because it is worse. is it better for them? Who knows. It doesn't have grains in it so it's "better" somehow because it's different
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (02-26-2020), jrhudson (05-13-2021), why? (02-28-2020)