Old 03-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #96
Scenic Driver

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 Audi TTQ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
FIFY

If you were on the stockers, then hats off to you- you're a great driver. No sarcasm- snow driving takes a thorough understanding of physics and/or a looot of blizzard seat time. My college calculus teacher used to drive us up to Mt Hood in Washington (THE worst mountain to drive to in the state) in a '91 Echo with all-seasons and every time, we got there safely and back. I've also almost been killed riding with mates who weren't goofing off in more well equipped rigs, but just didn't understand friction, force normal vs force weight, etc.

For the average driver, this car set up from the factory is a death sentence in any snow or ice condition
I have Blizzaks, I would never drive in snow with the Primacys or any other summer or all season tire. To be fair, I regularly attend winter driving schools and participate in other winter driving events (I'm going to start ice racing next year) so I have lots of seat time where I could experiment in controlled conditions.

Being a good driver in the snow in any car takes practice no matter what you are driving but as far as this car goes, it really isn't meant for the average driver even when it's not being driven in the snow IMO.