View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #1574
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseG View Post
There has to be interest in buying your car? Even for someone wanting to build a track car?
Could you let the registration expire, store it in the garage, and do an engine swap later? It seems like such a shame to let the car go to a salvage yard.

For anyone that has had the valve spring recall done more recently, did you stress the point of the tech being careful with the sealant application? It sounds like Toyota and Subaru are well aware of the issue now. At the very least the service advisor could emphasize that the old sealant needs to be cleaned very carefully, and the new sealant applied exactly how Subaru requires.
There was some interest right after it happened but that tailed off pretty quickly as more and more cars started coming available cheap with blown motors. I wish I had a garage

I also spoke with the tech before the work was done and a few times after when problems started cropping up. The dealer even had the car back in the shop twice to "correct" the problem. Both times they dropped the oil pan and cleaned debris out of the pickup but refused to dig any deeper because "that's all that's necessary". The old warranty manager even promised me that they would extend the coverage to 18 months and 18k miles with 300 mile towing coverage if it failed. Well, he got fired for providing good customer service and they refused to honor what he said because he never documented anything he said. I tried to talk to the dealership manager the other day but he wouldn't come downstairs to discuss this with me because, in their words, "there is nothing to discuss"! I posted a few pages back that SOA told me that since the car is beyond their expected service life at 138k they have no interest in helping me to solve the problem.