View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #1572
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
I did speak to the dealer that fucked mine up a second time and they said they'd be happy to tear it down and see what went wrong but I would need to pay the $1600 teardown fee before they started. They also said that I should expect to be buying a new engine because it is so far outside the 12 month period now even though when I first called it was only 13 months back in August. Just getting the car to them would cost nearly $200 so I'd be on the hook for $1800 and they're backed up until February so it has to sit in my driveway for another 4 months. I'm going to end up throwing the damn thing out for scrap value soon because nobody seems to want it and that really sux, I can't keep it in the driveway much longer because I don't want to keep paying for insurance and it's time to reregister it anyway. Can't take the plates off, which means I can't take the insurance off, because my town doesn't allow unregistered vehicles to be stored on residential properties and the only place I have to keep it is the front of the yard along the street where it's really obvious it's not registered and the snowplows will eventually clip it anyway.

Fuck Subaru and their shitty service.

There has to be interest in buying your car? Even for someone wanting to build a track car?
Could you let the registration expire, store it in the garage, and do an engine swap later? It seems like such a shame to let the car go to a salvage yard.

For anyone that has had the valve spring recall done more recently, did you stress the point of the tech being careful with the sealant application? It sounds like Toyota and Subaru are well aware of the issue now. At the very least the service advisor could emphasize that the old sealant needs to be cleaned very carefully, and the new sealant applied exactly how Subaru requires.

It just really sucks to hear about failed engines at this point in the recall process. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote