MachineHead

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
Please keep us updated. I want to do this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got it to work. FINALLY! special thanks to @geraldjust.

anyway, i ended up getting a 2019 clockspring so it was a simple install for the steering wheel side. you probably won’t be able to get the full harness for the new clockspring so make sure you get at the very least the connector with probably the cut off wires coming out.

pics of the clockspring and connector

*you can get away with keeping the old clockspring if you have no intention to use the right side swc (controls the cluster gauge). you’ll just have to transfer the swc wires to the old connector going into the clockspring. (take note of their location as i don’t know if the wire colors are standard across all models). you will also have to add wires to the connector going out of the clockspring*

for the car side, you’ll have to add/extend wires to the new connector going out of the clockspring and transfer the cruise control and horn wires to the new connector (3wires). (i hope you got the connector as i have no idea where you can get one)

pic of the connector with cc and horn connected:

my apologies for not having a pic of the harness when i was done. below is the connector going into the clockspring. you’ll just have to check for continuity on the connector going to the car side.

pin1 light green wire is au1
pin2 red wire is augnd
pin3 cluster
pin4 cluster
pin5 cluster
pin6 black is au2

pin7 blue wire is horn
pin8 cruise control
pin9 cruise control
pin10 black with white stripe wire is ill (-)
pin11 white wire is ill (+)

there are 5 wires total that you need to connect to the head unit. (you might need an interface depending on your head unit). my android head unit allowed me to connect directly.

-ill (+)
-ill (-)
-augnd
-aug1
-aug2

i’ll update when i have time to check the pins coming out of the clockspring.

please let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MachineHead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MachineHead For This Useful Post:
Thaeyo (11-27-2020)