View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #69
LetzROQ

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2.0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reference 450Q installed and rocking!

Ordered my FR-S Release Series 2.0 back in October, and the 450Q with color-matched sub and free rear speaker upgrade in January. Got the car mid-March and the system late-March. The install wasn't too bad, following the docs provided and the YouTube videos. Only had a couple hitches. First, the dealer installed after-market LED running lights, and ran the wiring for the switch through the same grommet I needed for the power wire. Had a buddy help me get the wire pulled through the grommet, which was the only thing in the install I needed a 2nd set of hands for. Second hitch was the door speakers had no sound. Checked all my connections (speakers, amp, radio) but couldn't find anything wrong. Shot an email to Daniel at OEM, and he immediately called me back, talked through the issue, then sent me a quick 1-page fix on how to install a wire tap on the OEM harness, behind the radio. After dropping $2 at Radio Shack for a pack of wire taps, and another 15 minutes to pull the radio and install it, everything is working great. The sound is much fuller and richer than the stock system, but I knew that was going to be case, since I installed a Reference 400 in my 2012 tC a few years back.

I cannot say enough about OEM Audio+ and the great guys that work there: Daniel La Blanc, Dan Ramirez, and Sandy Lirag (COO and co-founder). Spoke to all of them over the couple months while my 450Q was being built, painted, and tested. The system can seem pricey, but it's well worth the money, for the superior sound, pre-configured tuning, plug-n-play install, and support. Here's what the Lunar Storm color-matched sub enclosure looks like:
Attached Images

LetzROQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LetzROQ For This Useful Post:
CruiseZen (04-09-2016), SC10N (04-10-2016)