Old 10-14-2020, 04:47 PM   #8
E_br4ke

Drives: FRS 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarfilmer View Post
I took my car to the smog referee because I got a state ref ticket a while ago for header and exhaust. Finally got the chance to take it in to pass the car. While I got the certificate, I failed because there was an obd2 communication failure so I couldn't complete the test. On the paper I was given, it says "OBDII Monitors Not Ready" and then "Evaporative System and Oxygen Sensor" underneath. Everything else passed though.

I was on the OFT Stage 2 tune and made sure I flashed the car back to stock when I did. I did drive over 100 miles to make sure that the ECU was relearning.

I read online that it could be possible that the car is too new and that the system they used to smog my car (rollers) doesn't support the CAN BUS system that the car has? I could be totally wrong but I swear I remember seeing something like that online not too long ago.Honestly don't even know how this works lol

Ran into a similar issue, hope this helps someone.

Running OFT Stage 2 E85, took car to get it inspected and failed to connect to OBD2. Rolled back to stock map. Took it back to same shop and failed again. I even took it to a different shop but failed to connect there too.

I finally got it to pass after a week of running on stock map. The only thing that comes to mind is that I took it to the shop the same day I re-applied the stock map instead of driving it for ~100 miles.

E_br4ke is offline   Reply With Quote