Old 05-05-2022, 11:26 AM   #39
JusTheG

Drives: 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5L Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Grew up?
Looks like a half finished body kit that an 18 year put on and ran out of money after the doors. There is nothing "mature" about this.

But then I am just some idiot that likes the cleaner uncluttered lines of the first gen and should not have any say or opinion.
I honestly don't blame anyone who has gripes with how engineers approach design as most designers and developers will pursue structural changes and company expectations vs. maintaining a clean design philosophy. The best example is how the FT-1 design was taken by Toyota and then having to sacrifice a lot of aesthetic decisions based on the wheelbase and the chassis they chose for the GR Supra. It's a tough call, but most times designers will seek the design that is most ideal for safety and cost mitigation vs clean aesthetic.

That being said, I think Subaru had to design the car with enough feedback from track usage and with new safety requirements for rear collision zones. No other way I can see the side vents and side sill being integrated without some disruption to the GEN 1 clean rear body panel sweep. I am also one to not entirely like the front bumper separation between the molded plastic and the painted divider, but I can see how they can use it for air deflection for drag coefficients. Rear bumper obviously had to rise in its angle for collision zones and thus looks more angled than smooth like GEN 1.

Regardless, I really wish I could drive the GEN 2 like back in November because of how well that Manual drove. Now that I work from home, I'm debating what to do with my stress relief. Might need to have talk with the SO about a possible investment "strategy" for my stress.
JusTheG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JusTheG For This Useful Post:
PBR (05-06-2022)