EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fika84 View Post
You mentioned a part about grease on the input shaft. I think this is really interesting and I didn't follow what the manual says.. I definitely put a little bit of Moly Paste (https://www.hondapartsdirect.com/oem...%3D&origin=pla) on the shaft.. I'm still running stock clutch, but do have a lightweight flywheel.

According to the manual, there shouldn't be any grease applied where the TOB travels.. Do you think it's to keep the shaft from getting gunked up in that location?
Well I can't say for sure it was because of the grease (whether there was too much or too little).

The OE TOB actually comes pre-greased on the inner race surface, where it sits on the input shaft cover.

When I installed the ACT kit, I put a very light coat of the hi temp grease (that came with the ACT clutch kit) on the splines, TOB inner race, on the input shaft cover where the TOB sits. All of this is per recommendation/common practice. If the clutch disk had problems coming away from the pressure plate, may be due to lubrication issues. Might not be the root cause, but is worth a consideration.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
fika84 (07-08-2019)