View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #65
949 Racing
FT86Club Official Vendor

Drives: Miata, GT350, FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
For those questions of just how much offset our spacer creates, I would refer you back to the original post.

There is a 10mm gap in reach when you add the OEM and our spacers total range. Making an entirely new part just to cover that 10 mm range would be a bit superfluous. I specifically chose the length I did to offer taller drivers the best possible reach with only the small 10 mm unavailable reach range, as the compromise.

If you're having trouble visualizing what I'm talking about imagine the total telescoping range as OEM as close to the dash as possible, to 949 spacer as close to the driver as possible. The two ranges do not overlap but have a 10mm gap between them.

So if you want the wheel a little bit closer to you than is possible with the OEM set up then you will begin your adjustment range at 10 mm closer than OEM.

10mm is approximately 3/8". I have assumed that anyone who really needs the wheel closer to them is willing to make a jump of at least 10mm to start.

So to encapsulate all that, we have no plans on making an intermediate or modular spacer. When you think about it further you can see why that would be unnecessary.

Edit: this presupposes that the driver in question always drives with the same reach setting. Personally I always run the steering wheel in the same position whether I'm on street or track.

Last edited by 949 Racing; 07-06-2019 at 11:55 AM.
949 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 949 Racing For This Useful Post:
churchx (07-06-2019), turbofan (11-13-2019)