Old 05-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
Jeff3345

Drives: Black frs/86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droness View Post
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post a review of Joying 10.1" android 8.1 headunit.

The specs are
SKU:JY-UO134N4GS
CPU:Intel Airmont eight-core 1.8GHz SC9853i
Ram:LPDDR4 4GB
Rom:Samsung 64GB
Support Apple Carplay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, WiFi, DVR, OBD2, Back Up Camera, Digital Sound Processor, and 4g LTE

I've been using it for the last two months and its been awesome. It fits the car dash perfectly in my opinion. Also it supports Apple car-play without the use of a dongle using Z-link. Also the screen is massive and you can install your normal android apps on it if you like. Most importantly is that it doesn't block the vents and I was able to get it to fit mostly perfectly on the 2017 Toyota 86 dash. It does block the digital clock however there's a clock in apple car play. See the attached images

It's mostly plug and play if you get the Toyota wiring harness. The only thing is to run the OEM backup camera you will need to get a step-down to go from 12v to 6v. Everything else was a plug and play. Also you will need an adapter if you want to support the oem usb connector and 3.5mm audio jack.

If you do decide you want this, you need to order the Toyota wiring harness otherwise it won't be mostly plug and play.
Wow, that fits pretty good. Link to headunit and plug&Play harness please! Can you do a quick 360 type video?
Jeff3345 is offline   Reply With Quote