View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #67
dawsonj87

Drives: 2023 GR86 Base MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2112 View Post
Not everyone gets that Subaru email. I never did. I did later ask my dealer and they provided the von.

The fact that you didn't even know what trim you wanted is on you. How are they supposed to place an order if you don't tell them what you want?

Stand in line at McDonald's at lunch time and when it's your turn to order, tell them you don't know what you want. You're not going to get any food.

This. I am confident that my dealer properly ordered my car on 4/26, and all I have at this point is a SO#. My dealer explained that I shouldn’t expect an email from SoA, as they do not get a VON until the vehicle is produced and allocated to their dealership. At that point, I would be able to request a VON from my dealer which they could provide me.

It seems like this process experience is completely dependent on the dealership, as they are private businesses with their own ways of doing things. It is easy to become stressed out over not having exactly the same experience as others based upon what is read on a forum, but I’ll choose to trust the sales manager I’m in close contact with about the state of my order. The car will come eventually!
dawsonj87 is offline   Reply With Quote